Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is Ugly!!

I had a meeting with the user and supplier yesterday over the requirement and cost estimation.. User will not reduce the work load and wanted every single item as planned.. Thus I've to get supplier to reduce their cost..

I managed to get supplier to reduce the cost not because I was a good negotiator.. It was out of goodwill and relationship that we have builded with this supplier over the years.. I know my supplier is willing to do it so he can get that client out of my back..

When I was in the discussion with my supplier, my manager called in and he was happy that I managed to reduce the charge to even lower than what my company is paying.. Isn't it amazing? Luckily my manager is very understanding and he agreed that the charge was reasonable and after working out on some calculation, we managed to agreed on a charge that was not so much loss to the supplier.. I'm grateful for the supplier's support.

My manager told me that it was a good work.. but I was not in mood to actually claim credit :(

What really upset me was... after we reduce the charge, the user actually says we can buy more expensive gift now.. sigh! probably just a remark.. but I thot you are suppose to be tight budget and yet when I asked for the budget for this work.. Reply was "there is no budget" :(

Isn't it ugly?

No comments: