Saturday, April 22, 2006

"Sweep Tomb"

OMG… I overslept this morning.. Initial plan was go “sweep tomb” at 10am.. but I waked up at 10.15am. So we began our journey to visit dad and granny at 12noon. Which is the hottest time of the day lor.. so I’ve my tank top, short, slipper and sunnies on.

It was rather quiet this year at the Mount Vernon maybe because today is the last two days to sweep tomb… most have already done it or maybe many have shifted to the new place.

First, we pay our respect to dad with his favorite foods.. yong tau foo and pineapples.. Then we take turn to talk to him. Keep him posted on what we have been doing and the greatest news for him this year.. would be sister's pregnancy and we are expecting FIRST grandson soon!

Then we burned him some new clothes and money....

Next, we went over to pay our respect to granny. She is a Catholic so we placed some new flowers there. I missed granny's cooking.. Instant noodles with prawn, fishballs, vegetables etc... although a simple dish but there is lots of love in it! Probably I'm hungry.... *stomach groan*

Before we left, I told them.. dad & granny, we love you! See you again next year!

No comments: