Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New Assignment

Another tough assignment.. Official onboard will be July as I’m in transition now and need to prepare for business trip to US for 3 weeks… handover files and provide training to client.. then I can move on.

This week, I’m doing familiarization work to the two different work locations (Jurong and UE Square) for my new assignment.. My new assignment requires me to juggle between two locations thus cannot drive to work.. I don’t want to get 2 season parking and use half a month each.. need to work out the logistics and tune myself to the culture on new client.

1st day in Jurong.. it took me 1.50hrs to travel from home to work.. the journey is like hiking but I should be ok if it does not rain. There is also not many eateries in that area probably I’m not familiar with the place yet. I should be ok with this as I’m not fussy with lunch.

2nd day in UE Square.. I was super early today so I went to Starbucks for a cup of coffee.. enjoy the air-con with my ipod and blogging.. I feel that I’m back to civilization after a day in Jurong.. haha!! This area is much better but I heard the client will moved out next year since the rental is expensive. Today was a bad day, I met a contact here and I know he is not easy.. We had a ops call today and I feel the call was terrible.. I’m going back to HDQ tomorrow afternoon and I will definitely need to thrash things out with the management.

This thought just run through my mind…. Am I a fire fighter for my company? This customer got problem.. so there you goes with your distinguisher and clean up the mess!! I know the route ahead is going to be tough because of what the transition team have contributed and the client is unhappy.. The job is not difficult but I need to pick up the pace when I go onboard in July.. Give myself 3 months and I’m confidential that I’ll be able to please the stakeholder.

No comments: